1996-02-05 - Re: Turn yourself in!

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3ace61fb0483045ceab36324a3e0ed9bed6f07d2396a08bdb3dcba493bfa19d5
Message ID: <Pine.ULT.3.91.960204205838.2292W-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <199602050252.SAA24214@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-05 05:31:24 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 13:31:24 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 13:31:24 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Turn yourself in!

Very cute, but I hope this doesn't degenerate into serious mail-bombing
(which I'm sure it will, unfortunately).

The simple text "Fuck the CDA up the ass!" should do. Sorry I'm not very
creative with such things.

-rich

On Sun, 4 Feb 1996 anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com wrote:

> The alt.tasteless crowd is currently discussing the CDA, with
> some predictable results, and some not so predictable...
> If you wish to participate in mass civil disobedience, follow
> these instructions: Send a message CC'd to your local media's net
> address and to justice.usdoj.gov (Department of Justice) which
> contains something to the effect of, "I wish to turn myself in
> for the crime of distributing offensive material via the Internet
> and as evidence, provide the following:"
> Attach some sort of uuencoded data to your message as "evidence".
> Make sure that every possible media outlet hears loud and clear
> that you want every last case prosecuted.

Thread