1996-02-14 - Re: Stealth PGP work

Header Data

From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@aeinet.com>
Message Hash: 4d7967f4f670fe8fb2f1e3a38cd10c8ee0202b1d8b4f825f23a28ce28fea3e6c
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960212174800.222B-100000@comet.aeinet.com>
Reply To: <199602081217.HAA20652@opine.cs.umass.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-14 09:15:37 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:15:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@aeinet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:15:37 +0800
Subject: Re: Stealth PGP work

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996 lmccarth@cs.umass.edu wrote:

> Is anyone out there actively working on an implementation of the "stealth
> PGP" concept ?  I asked Derek Atkins about a stealth mode in the upcoming
> PGP `96 ^H^H^H 3.0 at the Jan. Bay Area physical mtg, and he said the PGP3
> team had no particular plans to support such a thing.

When asked, he also indicated that the PGP 3.0 message formats would be
embedded into the API in such a way that it would not be possible to use
the library to generate or process stealth.  Of course, you could always
strip the unstealthy data out as you would with PGP 2.x, but that doesn't
help on the receiving end.

--
Johnathan M. Corgan
jcorgan@aeinet.com

"One should realize, of course, that whether Crypto Anarchy
prevails depends not upon the varied philosophical leanings of
citizen-units May and Denning, but rather upon whether our
mathematics is more powerful than their jackbooted thugs."

                                                -Mike Duvos

(seemed appropriate :)

Thread