1996-02-11 - Re: Choices

Header Data

From: Ed Carp <erc@dal1820.computek.net>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: fe7245b7acd336edc0923fd7fa9b998aecbed592d3f54b3c369835f55ded7906
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9602110309.B20382-0100000@dal1820.computek.net>
Reply To: <m0tlWk1-000919C@pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-11 10:25:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 18:25:14 +0800

Raw message

From: Ed Carp <erc@dal1820.computek.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 18:25:14 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Choices

On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, jim bell wrote:

> Needless to say, I disagree.  Government does not possess ANY "rights."
> Merely powers.  Secondly, the Constitution says NOTHING about the authority
> of the Federal government to "regulate" (or, for that matter, even merely
> MONITOR) communications cross-border.  Sounds to me like you're arguing the
> statist line.

The government has, for quite some time, attempted to control most things
in our lives (and quite successfully) by evoking the "interstate commerce
clause" incantation.  Only recently has the Supreme Court put its
collective foot down (in the recently-decided "no guns within 1000 feet
of a school" law, which the government LOST).  Let's hope it does it more
often :)
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp@linux.org, ecarp@netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring

Thread