1996-03-17 - Re: InfoWarCon V 1996: Call For Papers

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: 193ca0ec088a2b8781b9dbf76522c02e75ffdb634ac0e9776b5a1f2b052a0a59
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960317032827.11248A-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <m0tyBuf-00090YC@pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-17 09:29:28 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 17:29:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 17:29:28 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: InfoWarCon V 1996: Call For Papers

On Sat, 16 Mar 1996, jim bell wrote:

> At 11:01 PM 3/16/96 -0500, winn@Infowar.Com wrote:
> >                   C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S
> >
> >                          InfoWarCon 5, 1996
> >           Fifth International Information Warfare Conference
> >            "Dominating the Battlefields of Business and War"
> >                         September 5-6, 1996
> >                           Washington, DC
>
> I'm wondering if I should bother re-writing my "Assassination Politics"
> essay into the form of a paper and submitting it to these people.  While it
> might nominally be considered right down their alley, from a subject
> standpoint, even a cursory look at the location (Washington, DC) and the
> invited people (large companies and military) suggest that my ideas would be
> just about as welcome as a yarmulke at a Nazi Party convention.

It didn't take an analysis of the sponsor or even the forum to determine
this.

> I'm not aware of the agenda (hidden or otherwise) of the sponsors, so
I don't know whether I should even bother.  Many people aren't
particularly appreciative of being "one-upped" (not to mention made
obsolete) so it's not clear that they'd give me the time of day. Any
ideas as to their receptiveness?

I think you should keep your day job.  As to "one-upping" the key figures
in the field.  Good luck.

Hey, you asked.

> Jim Bell
> jimbell@pacifier.com

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: unicorn@schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information

Thread