1996-03-30 - Re: Canada’s ISO standards body?

Header Data

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
To: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Message Hash: b8667faeb3e8cf6060f29433bf4d3818149464fe247a35a3705e84027d0c914c
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960329093051.8635B-100000@chivalry>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9603281502.A24841-0100000@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1996-03-30 03:23:44 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 11:23:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 11:23:44 +0800
To: s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Subject: Re: Canada's ISO standards body?

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996 s1113645@tesla.cc.uottawa.ca wrote:

> Speaking of which, could someone tell me who Canada's standards body and
> rep to the ISO is (and if that's where I've gotta go to get my hands on X.509
> and all those other X.docs.). Any addresses would be helpful too.

Try www.itu.org (X. series docs come from the ITU, not ISO. Same text
though).

I don't think v3 has been balloted yet - that gives you a chance to
explore one of the more amusing twists of OSI standardisation- you can
get copies for free of most drafts from the editor right up until it gets
standardised. Silly, isn't it.

Simon

----
They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO

Thread