1996-04-11 - Re: CoS supoenas records of all anonymous remailers? (Unverified)

Header Data

From: shelley thomson <sthomson@netcom.com>
To: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Message Hash: 2a7fd41fffad00b03fe19ce8aff2c50771abe10c0b4815ce7742af057607ecff
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9604101026.A17584-0100000@netcom17>
Reply To: <4lOlC8i00YUvAxX4Ar@andrew.cmu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-11 01:07:27 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 09:07:27 +0800

Raw message

From: shelley thomson <sthomson@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 09:07:27 +0800
To: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Subject: Re: CoS supoenas records of all anonymous remailers? (Unverified)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:

> [FWIW, Biased Journalism is a reasonably reputable source.  --Declan]

Thank you, Declan.

Grady is a sharp guy and he spent hours with the church lawyers.  If he
thinks this is likely to happen I would take the possibility seriously.
I sent the note to Jim Warren because I thought the community should know
of the possibility.  A little advance notice might enable someone to
prepare a legal defense.  I hope that remailers will resist turning over
their records even if there is no useful information in them.

We'll probably know in a few days whether Grady's guess is correct.

Meanwhile, if you are going to pass my letter around please snip the
personal stuff.

Shelley

Thread