1996-04-10 - Re: (Fwd) British Study Claims That Photo Credit Cards Don’t Work

Header Data

From: Sten Drescher <stend@grendel.texas.net>
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Message Hash: 56dafb8f4f856282abf7357ba4e028cbe836d1474b689e1a0bbf2c05acd4906d
Message ID: <199604100204.VAA30139@grendel.texas.net>
Reply To: <199604090654.XAA16860@dns2.noc.best.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-10 11:43:11 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 19:43:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Sten Drescher <stend@grendel.texas.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 19:43:11 +0800
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: (Fwd) British Study Claims That Photo Credit Cards Don't   Work

MM> jamesd@echeque.com wrote:
>> > If I don't shave over the > weekend will my computer know who I
>> am Monday morning?
>>
>> Shaving probably will not be a problem, but holding your head at a
>> slightly different angle, or having slightly different lighting, or
>> combing your hair differently will screw up the system totally,
>> unless the system has radically improved since the last time I read
>> up on it.

MM> There are supposedly some new techniques that look at the infrared
MM> signature of your face (like, I guess, distribution & position of
MM> hot & cold spots), and that's less likely to be fooled by facial
MM> hair and other superficial disguises.  It's probably a fairly
MM> simple technology, and could be applied to the credit card ID
MM> problem.

	So if I'm running a fever, or just been exercising, it
wouldn't recognize me, right?  Doesn't sound like that would be much
better.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
ObCDABait:      For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the

Thread