1996-04-24 - [Wager: Seeming Resolution]

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: fe8cc2e954de00f500b54e919310afa6c481cf5972881fbe908fcf7a491bbbd6
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960423230132.343B-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <m0uBu6w-000951C@pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-04-24 07:12:52 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:12:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:12:52 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: [Wager: Seeming Resolution]

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, jim bell wrote:

> Black Unicorn wote:
> >  JamesD wrote:
> >> Now if Unicorn had proposed a bet for one hundred dollars, then
> >> I would sit up and take notice.  A hundred dollars is real money.
> >
> >US$ 100.00 it is.  Mr. Bell?
>
> As I recall from a message a day ago, you claimed that you saw no way that
> we could come to any kind of agreement as to the terms and conditions.  I'm
> willing to accept your word on this prediction.

I note for the record that I never predicted that the terms and
conditions would be complex or unresolved, but that you would alter
the claim and the logistics of the wager to the point where you might
evade the consequences of loss.

I note for the record that it was your post that originally supported its
accuracy with a call for wagering.

I note for the record that your claim, as you originally put it, was quite
clear.

There is no dispute of terms or conditions.  This is an uncomplicated
issue.

If your claim, as written, is correct, I shall pay to you or your
appointed agent US$ 100.

If it is false, you shall pay to me or my appointed agent US$ 100.

The only issue is how you wish to modify that claim for the purposes of
the wager so as to bring it within a semblence of accuracy.

Absent further interest on your part, I consider the matter closed and
your claim retracted.

> Jim Bell
> jimbell@pacifier.com

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn@schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread