1996-05-28 - Re: none [mail2news broke]

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 28827145199b8b1888bc6516eae067d2e752b9d7d632fef6feac97542b17216c
Message ID: <Pine.GUL.3.93.960527202606.14736C-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <199605272325.BAA23173@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-28 08:18:08 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 16:18:08 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 16:18:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: none [mail2news broke]

Usura just answered this on alt.privacy.anon-server. The basement
mail2news gateway is temporarily blocking posts from c2.org until the
alt.syntax.tactical forgers go away or can be filtered with new code.

While I publicly whined that SOMETHING needed to be done about the problem
(for PR reasons if nothing else), I'm disappointed that there was no
public announcement of the downtime first. Heck, when Scientology came
knocking, there was an 11-day window before utopia shut down...

Of course, there's probably more to this than we mere mortals know, so
don't take this as any kind of judgement. (I'm answering mainly to cover
my ass that it ain't totally my fault.)

-rich

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Anonymous wrote:

> My 'nym which has worked just fine has suddenly stopped working this
> weekend.  My reply block has not changed, and the only remailer in
> it is remail@c2.org.
>
> I have the reply block set up to send the encrypted reply to
> remail@c2.org where Newsgroups:  and Subject:  headers are pasted on
> with the "##" operator.  The message is then sent on to the replay
> mail2news gateway for posting to alt.anonymous.messages.
>
> What's happened?  Anyone know?

Thread