1996-05-08 - Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: 6c93c774edcc93f93422b4f53344881945cc4754ddc6ca3d709b6d684d42ae96
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.93.960507212053.339I-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <199605080005.RAA09126@pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-08 08:01:19 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 16:01:19 +0800

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 16:01:19 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

On Tue, 7 May 1996, jim bell wrote:

> At 04:46 PM 5/7/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:

> >I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  I sent the text of the law to
> >the list.  The position that you take (that increse in inflation can send
> >you into the next tax bracket) is incorrect.
>
> You seem to be forgetting that one of the provisions of (I believe) the 1986
> tax act was that capital gains would be indexed  for inflation.  However,
> the sleazy politicians only scheduled it (the indexing process) for about
> 1990 or so, and by 1990 they managed to get that idiot Bush to agree to drop
> it.

Considering that there is one bracket for capital gains income (namely
28%) what does this have to do with bouncing you into the next income tax
bracket?

> I don't know the details, but this is yet another of the reasons I have
> no qualms about advocating a system for solving the "politician problem" by
> putting them 6 feet under.

And yet another reason you cite which is based on incorrect facts.

> Lawyers who profit from an abusive system may disagree, of course.

So may all individuals who have a clue.

> Jim Bell
> jimbell@pacifier.com

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn@schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread