1996-05-01 - Re: Former CIA Director and Strategic Investment Editor

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: Jonathon Blake <grafolog@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 7409c25cb4476a6c1d19a660330139540505b49f15e94a6325d96119168c76a3
Message ID: <m0uEU0J-00095cC@pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 17:12:30 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 17:12:30 +0800
To: Jonathon Blake <grafolog@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Former CIA Director and *Strategic Investment* Editor

At 04:06 AM 5/1/96 +0000, Jonathon Blake wrote:

>> known to be so!) that his neighbor would call the cops just because he,
>> ONCE, stayed a little longer than normal?
>
>	I guess you've never had the pleasure of living in a small town.
>	If you had, you'd know just how observant people are, of others
>	habits.

However, you haven't explained why mere "observance" would translate into a
call to the cops (if that's what happened; according to the reports it did)
under those circumstances.  I can observe a lot that doesn't necessarily
induce me to drag the cops into it.

Initially, I was thinking that perhaps the neighbors might have become
suspicious, walked over and saw a capsized canoe.  However, according to
another item the canoe was over 400 yards from the house, which is
sufficiently far to make it difficult to see along many shorelines.  Do you
have an alternative explanation?

>> What's wrong with this picture?
>
>	You ability to see conspiracy where there may be non.

It's odd.  You're the third person to use the term "conspiracy" when I
haven't mentioned the word.  Somehow, I think that you guys must be misusing
the term "conspiracy" when what you really mean is something else.  Why not
pick up an OED, an choose a better word.

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com
Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com