1996-05-18 - Forced to your knees by Legal VIOLENCE

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Dave Harman)
To: (remailer fans)
Message Hash: 8f1187d0fbefc4362a6e015ff7c2841f08d1ecbfcedb63cbc9e546ee4b5e4981
Message ID: <199605180030.RAA06625@netcom11.netcom.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960516193002.1235E-100000@smoke.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-05-18 07:51:28 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 15:51:28 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Dave Harman)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 15:51:28 +0800
To: (remailer fans)
Subject: Forced to your knees by Legal VIOLENCE

ON

> On Wed, 15 May 1996, Be Good wrote:
> >
> > So what is the expense of setting up a full-featured server
> > like hacktic?  Mr. Graves should start up a new server, and
> > tcmay is rich, so he has no excuse.
>
> 	No, rich is a good excuse for _not_ doing it, unless it can be
> done with total anonymity. If I set up a remailer, on my home computer, as
> an individual, then I am a very little target. I have nothing (well, damn
> little) for anyone to sue me over. What would be the point? They threaten
> to sue me for what? They would spend FAR more than they could ever get out
> of me, and as long as I don't violate any laws, I _might_ be able to get
> "big guns" like the ACLU, EFF etc. on my side to make it a nasty fight for
> no return.

I wasn't thinking of liability, just capacity.

And you don't understand political harrassment suits.
Would you believe that someone worth $50,000 could be served a
$10,200,000 judgement by a jury, fully upheld by the Oregon and U.S.
Supreme courts, Dwelling, business, custumers' property seized,
25% of income annexed for 20 years, all by the plaintiff with
the assistance of the court, merely for publicy speaking to a crowd,
the advocacy of violence, when later that night two members of the
audience murdered a stranger apparantly following that "advice,"
with the plaintiff publicly gloating before|during|post trial, that the
actual violence was merely a VEHICLE for the SUPPRESSION of the
organization of the advocacy of the ENTIRE political spectrum of the
defendants?

Ask our resident "free speech for RESPECTABLE dissidents,"
L. Lurch@stanford.edu (racial capitali$t d0g)
for a virulent defense of Co$ style tactics against racists.
Ask him about SPLC, Seraw vs WAR, Tom, John METZGER.

Straight from the horses ass, go to the library and read 89-93 issues
of KLANWATCH to find out what lying oriental anti-racists
are ADVOCATING and GETTING.

What the hell is the difference between the anti-racist tactics
of Co$ and SPLC, and being forced to your knees by the policeman's
nightstick, merely for advocating "moronic" politics?
The VIOLENCE to free speech rights is the same.

> 	Someone like Mr. May has assets that can be gotten, so there is
> potential for gain from a lawsuit against him, both financially and
> otherwise.

Do you really think that SPLC and Co$ sue to raise funds?

> 	Rich is neither reason, nor excuse. Capability is the issue. It

True, I doubt he would take the risk.  What we mean is that once
an EASY remailer tech is distributed, THOUSANDS will seriously be
interested in it.  After all, did the complexity of linux keep
100,000+ unix newbies from learning *ix from scratch?

> would probably be easier for me to run a remailer than Mr. May, not that I
> am better equipped mentally, but (until I started posting to this list).
>
> 	Come to think of it, would the Mixmaster package run under Xenix?
> I have a 286 laying around collecting dust...

Ugh.  I've got a 386 and 4megs, partitioned and compiled linux, pgp,
Mixmaster.  It WILL work once mastering the darned thing.

IMHO, the IDEAL remailer is the following:

What CAN be done right now, with anyone with linux and shell unix,
account paid by fake name/address with postal money order,
is have the linux machine dial up the account, several times a day,
process the mailbox, download the mail, process the mail with pgp or
mixmaster, upload to account, post/email with the appropriate
header lines and VOILA!!

!!!!!!!!!! FULL FEATURED HACKTIC STYLE REMAILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I DON'T know how to DO any of this.
Isn't someone else want to crank something out and share?
Post around instructions for the clueless to follow.

There.  The number of full featured remailers increases from 0 to 100-300+.

--
Serenity, etc.

Thread