1996-05-05 - Re: Money Laundering Conference with Government Types

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9725ec850392af0277e912785cb691d876a2a42672edfec605b7e67ed683798f
Message ID: <m0uFuoc-00095MC@pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 15:35:06 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 15:35:06 +0800
To: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Money Laundering Conference with Government Types

At 08:26 PM 5/4/96 EDT, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>	I thought people might find interesting the following conference
>that I located at http://www.oceanlaw.com/20/conf/ml.htm. Know thine enemy,
>and all that. It has a section on Digital Cash (note the title includes
>"Cyberpayments").
>	-Allen
>
>   An Invitation from Fletcher N. Baldwin, Jr., Professor of Law and
>   Director of the Centre for International Financial Crimes Studies, and
>   Robert J. Munro, Program Coordinator and Co-Director of the Centre for
>   International Financial Crimes Studies.
>
>   _It's not enough to BE clean -- You must also LOOK clean._
>
>   Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture are critical consequences for
>   the banks, attorneys, securities dealers and corporations, both
>   domestic and international, who may be inadvertently in
>   non-compliance. _Our program will give you:_

I wonder how long it's going to take before these "money-launderers" learn
that by taking, say, 10% of the amount of money they launder in one year,
they can eliminate the people trying to stop them.  Forever.

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.comJim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread