1996-05-25 - Re: Children’s Privacy Act

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: gelmanl@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Message Hash: b53fe10761d0cd77b0a6d6067008673c0900ccb9f898bbaa3313e30ba59b30ce
Message ID: <01I53GHKZH1M8Y4Z90@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 12:48:37 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 12:48:37 +0800
To: gelmanl@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Subject: Re: Children's Privacy Act

From:	IN%"gelmanl@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu"  "Lauren Amy Gelman" 23-MAY-1996 14:26:28.11

>The text of the Children's Privacy Protection and Parental Empowerment
>Act is available at the Epic "Children's Privacy" web site:

>http://epic.org/privacy/kids/

>Read it before you trash it!

	I have examined it; I see no reason to change my stated opposition
to it. Quite simply, it is an invasion of the privacy rights of businesses to
force them to turn over such information as the law demands they turn over; it
is an invasion of the property rights of businesses to mandate what they do
with the information they have received and consequently own.
	-Allen

Thread