1996-05-25 - Re: [SCARE]: “If you only knew what we know…”

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: Simon Spero <minow@apple.com>
Message Hash: ef3d2dc4a60d0c4c53d585d3aedbfd428359da6f6af7a06151d754d899e1fa4b
Message ID: <199605242004.NAA12841@mail.pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 10:05:46 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 10:05:46 +0800
To: Simon Spero <minow@apple.com>
Subject: Re: [SCARE]:  "If you only knew what we know..."

At 12:26 PM 5/24/96 -0400, Simon Spero wrote:

>Libyan embassies don't get bombed. They just have thugs shooting unarmed
>WPCs from them under protection of diplomatic immunity (I used to live in
>Pimlico, and went to college in South Kensington, and going past the
>Yvonne Fletcher memorial always got me upset
>
>Anyway, they're not just state sponsored terrorists, they're the actual
>terrorist state, and can thus can easily get access to whatever
>crypto they want; in extrimis shipping OTPs by diplomatic pouch; it's the
>smaller, unofficial groups where the case is most easily made.

If the Libyans are so bad (and they probably are) then why shouldn't the
public in other countries be entitled to pool their contributions and take
their government down?   (okay, this is a rhetorical question...)

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread