1996-06-09 - Re:

Header Data

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Message Hash: 26d8c76d294dfef948633ceb7630f9d254a36e8eb3a5ccd763c159290597a53d
Message ID: <199606090006.RAA05123@mail.pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 12:00:44 +0800

Raw message

From: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 12:00:44 +0800
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Subject: Re:

At 05:09 PM 6/8/96 -0500, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>jim bell wrote:
>>
>> While I appreciate your...uh...appreciation, let me remind you that part of
>> my "pronouncements" are that the current political and social system is
>> sick.  Many people around here seem to agree with this assessment.  What I
>> advocate is a comparatively simple change in the rules that could have the
>> effect of vastly changing the way things are done.  Whether these changes
>> are in "the best interests of the inhabitants of this nation" is still an
>> open question, and many people have agreed with me on this matter.
>>

>Since corrupt officials are likely to have more anonymous cash that
>phreedom phighters, guess who will win.

The people, that's who.  The reason is that while "corrupt officials" may
have more money, per person, that ordinary citizens, there are FAR more
ordinary citizens than officials.  Further, these corrupt officials only
have more money because they rob it from ordinary citizens, which means that
they start out the game hated by the public.

Finally, officials are, by definition, identified or identifiable, while
disaffected citizens are not.

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread