1996-06-07 - Re: USA on Feds Cyberteam

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: alanh@infi.net (Alan Horowitz)
Message Hash: 735187aa4c7b0ed33bfc855a0b8887c4bfd0df4521a4bc5cac3bb9739d1e6c28
Message ID: <199606061707.MAA04567@homeport.org>
Reply To: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960605221206.22400H-100000@larry.infi.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-07 03:14:33 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 11:14:33 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 11:14:33 +0800
To: alanh@infi.net (Alan Horowitz)
Subject: Re: USA on Feds Cyberteam

	Don't be silly.  The government will just have two groups
doing the same job.  If we're lucky, we'll get a third set of
identical advisories, one from CERT, one from KAYAK, and one from this
new group.

"Your tax dollars at work."

Adam

Alan Horowitz wrote:

| Guess this puts that Carnagie Mellon-based outfit ("Computer Emergency
| Response Team"?) off the govt contract teat.
|
| Or maybe they will continue to doa all the trenchwork under contract, but
| people high up enough in the DC feeding chain to have their own PR
| appendage, will take the credit?

					               -Hume

Thread