1996-07-24 - Re: NOISE: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 30522f7aae7d1d65626a886e15613b7fc5da2556f217ab57d49eea3d8ed6725f
Message ID: <v03007804ae1aad9fa49d@[192.187.162.15]>
Reply To: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960722184508.11943H-100000@larry.infi.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-24 13:00:41 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:00:41 +0800

Raw message

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:00:41 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: NOISE: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

At 4:49 PM -0700 7/22/96, hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu wrote:

>>   Well, you're in a country of _free citizens_ now, Limey, so if you
>>don't like it, then go back to England - a whole nation of people who foam at
>>the mouth with pride and pleasure over their status as feudal _subjects_.
>
>O.K. lets see if we brits were to offer you yankees the Windsors,
>plus an assortment of flunkies, corgies and stuff are you so sure that
>your people would reject it? After all someone sold you a bridge so
>it's not that implausible.

Some of us love the occasional rabbit's foot but we don't carry the live
rabbit around with us. Maybe if you offered us Charles' Rolls Royce, or the
odd Crown Jewel...

>Given the way your press goes nuts over big ears and his ex wife
>(aka familly brood unit) it is clear that you would jump at the
>chance if the price was sufficiently high (i.e. is the Brits asked
>for enough money).
>
>>Dja ever notice that Charlie Mountbatten married a gorgeous young babe,
>>but was irretrievably drawn to to an elderly woman of great ugliness?
>
>>No, Phil, do NOT ask me to call him Prince.   I'd sooner follow the
>>example of Lady Liberty in the Seal of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

If you won't call him "Prince", how about "Rover"? (pun intended)

>Actually Lord Mountbatten was not a prince of the UK, he was a prince
>of the Greek royal family and his name was not Charles. The Prince
>of Wales is Charles Windsor an he comes from a distinguished line of
>Germans.

And judging from recent exposes, Wallis Simpson's Duke of Windsor was
trying very hard to get back to the mother country and his kindly old Uncle
Adolph.

How's THIS thread for off-topic? The first reader who fails to be amused is
given one free pass to tell both Phill and I to take it to e-mail.

David

Thread