1996-07-23 - Re: NOISE: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: d0a61e1d88dc6e4fbbe8fbbae2d2aa18f6a7f4841bded23051ac94b552ebaa47
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.960723174215.23875C-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <9607222349.AA01276@Etna.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 23:41:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 07:41:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 07:41:59 +0800
To: hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: NOISE: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996 hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu wrote:

> >   Well, you're in a country of _free citizens_ now, Limey, so if you
> >don't like it, then go back to England - a whole nation of people who foam at
> >the mouth with pride and pleasure over their status as feudal _subjects_.
>
> O.K. lets see if we brits were to offer you yankees the Windsors,
> plus an assortment of flunkies, corgies and stuff are you so sure that
> your people would reject it? After all someone sold you a bridge so
> it's not that implausible.

America didn't by the bridge; an American bought the bridge. It was
purchased as a theme park attraction. I think the Windsors would make an
excellent theme park attraction. We'll put them down the road from
Graceland. You can go see the Queen after you've visted the King ...

How much are you asking? (O.K. - how much minus the corgies?)

- r.w.

Thread