1996-07-16 - Re: Sternlight on C’punks

Header Data

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 88057ca87f823545a428cace0bc3db5d34acaa14e1eb14d033876e6fa7d4c793
Message ID: <v03007601ae109ae2b1b7@[192.187.162.15]>
Reply To: <199607151701.KAA00537@mail.pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-16 17:09:51 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 01:09:51 +0800

Raw message

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 01:09:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Sternlight on C'punks

At 4:27 PM -0700 7/15/96, Mark O. Aldrich wrote:

>One of the blessings of c'punks was that it was not 'worthy' of the time
>of several professional flame-baiters who are fairly well-known on the
>'Net, in particular, David Sternlight.  Now, however, that seems to have
>changed.  If everyone thought things were weird around here with
>Detweiler, just wait until you see DS's stuff....

<worse stuff omitted>

Nothing like a good personal defamation before even reading my posts, eh?
As those who have paid attention know, I post my policy views, not
flame-bait. The idea that I am deliberately trying to start flame wars is
pure paranoia.

Of course a good attempt to attack personally is an attempt to avoid the
need to try to engage with the substance. It's not only underhanded, but
also sheer laziness, typical of small minds which cannot tolerate a
difference of view. Your position is as prejudiced as those we sometimes
call sexist or racist.

Having made my points on this matter, I have no plans to engage in a
flame-fest with those who love to provoke one and then blame the victim--to
be sure I don't give in to such further provocation from you, welcome to my
filter file.

David

Thread