1996-07-02 - PROMISe them anything (was Re: whitehouse dossier database?)

Header Data

From: “Deranged Mutant” <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ba50d396a57792b82361e321bf47997599207696d3a294730a165cbc961c5a07
Message ID: <199607021547.LAA04235@unix.asb.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 04:33:43 +0800

Raw message

From: "Deranged Mutant" <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 04:33:43 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PROMISe them anything (was Re: whitehouse dossier database?)

On  1 Jul 96 at 23:39, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

> holy cow, is this real? Grabbe cites several credible references.

Ask Phil Resuto.

[..]
[..]
>               Conspiracy Nation -- Vol. 8  Num. 30
>              ======================================
>                     ("Quid coniuratio est?")
[..]
> THE WHITE HOUSE "BIG BROTHER" DATA BASE
> =======================================
[..]
> 	   The White House "Big Brother" Data
> 	   Base & How Jackson Stephens
> 	   Precipitated a Banking Crisis

Jackson Stephens?  Why am I thinking of Steve Jackson Games, operators
of the Illuminati BBS that were raided by the SS a few years back...

[..]
> 	What Deutch failed to mention was that this
> "banking crisis" in large part was itself created by one of
> the U.S. intelligence agencies--the NSA in cahoots with
> Stephens' software firm Systematics.  The Citibank heist
> by Russian hackers, for example, took advantage of a back
> door in Citibank's Systematics software.  (The Russian
> hackers were apparently aided by the son of one of Jim
> Leach's House Banking Committee investigators.)  Have
> any major banks thought of instituting lawsuits over this
> deliberate breach of security on the part of a software
> supplier?

Huh? I thought the Russian 'hackers' helped write the software, and
used one of their own backdoors.
[..]

Thread