1996-07-01 - Re: crypto and bagpipes [NOISE]

Header Data

From: “Mark O. Aldrich” <maldrich@grci.com>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: eb219377c4cf6f3631e7a3d73f902e9eb009a3cf35dbcc8532640209d710106a
Message ID: <Pine.SCO.3.93.960630142047.4081D-100000@grctechs.va.grci.com>
Reply To: <199606292214.PAA15653@mail.pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-01 07:47:15 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:47:15 +0800

Raw message

From: "Mark O. Aldrich" <maldrich@grci.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:47:15 +0800
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: crypto and bagpipes [NOISE]

On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, jim bell wrote:

> >             (...)

> >Of course...when bagpipes are outlawed...
>
> Do you mean the FULL-AUTO "Assault Bagpipes," the ones that produce more
> than one "toot" per blow?  Or the more "responsible" (but still dangerous!)
> semi-auto bagpipes, where you have to blow each time you want a toot.

I understand that, even now, the Government is testing nuclear powered
bagpipes (NPB's), unmanned ariel bagpipes (UAB's), and highly classified
inter-continental bagpipe delivery systems (IBDS's).

Can this be the end of civilization as we know it?

|Just as the strength of the Internet is  |Mark Aldrich                 |
|chaos, so the strength of our liberty    |GRCI INFOSEC Engineering     |
|depends upon the chaos and cacophony of  |maldrich@grci.com            |
|the unfettered speech the First Amendment|MAldrich@dockmaster.ncsc.mil |
|protects - District Judge Stewart Dalzell|                             |
|The author is PGP Empowered.  Public key at:  finger maldrich@grci.com |
|    The opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the author     |
|         and my employer gets no credit for them whatsoever.           |