1996-08-04 - Re: The Hazards of Reading Naughty Newsgroups at Work

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5dc14d89065207812a8667b258cb658b0f3c2a8bd662d8bbd321983b6f62b210
Message ID: <Pine.GUL.3.95.960804135637.9417B-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
Reply To: <199608031945.MAA22460@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-04 22:41:36 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 06:41:36 +0800

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <llurch@networking.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 06:41:36 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Hazards of Reading Naughty Newsgroups at Work

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996 anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com wrote:

> The following interesting article appeared on page 6 of the
> August 3, 1996 Seattle Times.
[...]
> Rosul is also charged with possession of child pornography.  He
> allegedly used Microsoft equipment to manufacture a CD-ROM disk
> containing child pornography.
>
> Both Seaman and Rosul will be arraigned next week in King County
> Superior Court.  If convicted, both could receive up to one year in
> jail.

"Where do you want to go today?"

> Microsoft spokesman Mark Murray said the company found out about the
> activities of its two former employees last year and alerted police.
>
> "We provided the police with the computers to pull up the evidence,"
> Murray said.

I couldn't help thinking of the poor technical schmucks whose job it was
to spy on their co-workers.

-rich

Thread