1996-08-20 - Re: CIA Contra Crack and LA Gangs (fwd)

Header Data

From: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
To: Rich Graves <rich@c2.org>
Message Hash: ac9dda63e114f2cc7226b418a137605f137b0d0f4beaad377b1c8f907e86e2e5
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960820073933.6866N-100000@use.usit.net>
Reply To: <Pine.GUL.3.95.960820012724.5850C-100000@Networking.Stanford.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1996-08-20 14:46:47 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 22:46:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 22:46:47 +0800
To: Rich Graves <rich@c2.org>
Subject: Re: CIA Contra Crack and LA Gangs (fwd)

Roger Morris has documented the base story nicely, first in an article
intended for the Washington Post (but which wound up in Penthouse when the
Post got cold feet) and now in a book, _Partners in Power_.

bd

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Rich Graves wrote:

> I've heard that story so many times from so many less-than-worthless sources
> (primarily the wacky-left "Christic Institute" and KPFK Radio) that I find
> it difficult to take it seriously. But I do. The US, Cuban, and
> "entrepreneurial" actors in Central America in the 80's were so fucked up
> that just about anything is possible.
>
> Although... I thought it was pretty funny that today's story matter-of-
> factly identified Calero as a CIA agent. Yeah, and registering Republican
> makes me Barbara Bush.
>
> At least he's not quiting Agee.
>
> -rich

Thread