1996-09-24 - Re: Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he’ll write!

Header Data

From: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3353da36ef57b4fc02d52f59c74dbb173f1f97ad3772c5427faae93aaf54c86c
Message ID: <3247E8DF.FF6D5DF@systemics.com>
Reply To: <ae6ca7190a021004d21c@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-24 18:04:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 02:04:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 02:04:59 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he'll write!

Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 2:10 AM 9/24/96, hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu wrote:
>
> >like Markof are somewhat more responsible. This is not going to stop me
> >from producing an op-ed piece linkiing the net libertarians to assasination
> >politics unless I hear a few more repudiations of Bell's ideas. If you
> >don't very clearly reject his murderous ideas you are going to regret it
> >just as the left regreted having the USSR or the RAF associated with them.
>
> I for one don't respond well to extortion threats, so write your damned article.

Seconded.

You know, the real problem with the average blackmailer is that they
rarely give you the offer as a legal document - if we fulfil our side of
the bargain, how can we be sure he fulfils his, and doesn't change his
mind next time someone half agrees with a pro
AP/Legal-blackmail/Tax-haven/Libertarian-state/freedom-of-speech/whatever
post?  We obviously need some sort of legal contract to solve this
problem, but no, that's not possible in most countries, is it?.  How
convenient.  Till next time Phill ...

Gary
--
"Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better
than what we have now."  -- Unknown.

pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary@systemics.com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06

Thread