1996-09-26 - Re: Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he’ll write!

Header Data

From: Brian Davis <bdavis@thepoint.net>
To: Jean-Francois Avon <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Message Hash: 87274619c72b88354431a5f473178d0d0cf8e094e01f7e779ad8f7b8e269b689
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.960926104653.15830H-100000@mercury.thepoint.net>
Reply To: <9609251433.AB02026@cti02.citenet.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-09-26 18:20:11 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 02:20:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Brian Davis <bdavis@thepoint.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 02:20:11 +0800
To: Jean-Francois Avon <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Subject: Re: Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he'll write!

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Jean-Francois Avon wrote:

> On 25 Sep 96 at 5:59, Brian Davis wrote:
>
> > I disagree that that will be the response, but you should be willing
> > to allow one group of people to fight fire with fire.
>
> But generally, it has been found a much better solution to fight fire
> with water, and this is why I am not convinced of the ideological
> effectiveness of AP, although I don't doubt it's operationnal
> effectiveness at all.

If by "operation effectiveness" you mean some people will be killed, I
agree.  I also agree with the fire/water comment (maybe in more ways than
one!); my comment related to my belief that AP-supporters shouldn't
complain about especially draconian measures taken against them by
governments, given their modus operandi.

EBD

> I will take that sentence only slightly out-of-(specific)-context and
> make a still pertinent remark about it:
>
> 	This is *exactly* what Jim Bell, because of his opinions,
> 	envision to do with the AP system.
>

> I find that absolutely hilarious!
>
> jfa
>
> Please reply by e-mail since I am not on Cypherpunks anymore.

Thread