1996-10-02 - Re: Utah as a Religious Police State [RANT]

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Message Hash: 1db9b18a2038fb68e0d03610c1d08c9ed5644ffe072c54d25169fba30e0841e7
Message ID: <3251E8E8.78B2@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961001105928.27216D-100000@user1.scranton.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-02 07:08:06 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 15:08:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 15:08:06 +0800
To: Moroni <moroni@scranton.com>
Subject: Re: Utah as a Religious Police State [RANT]

Moroni wrote:
> The database is just for genealogical stuff and church papers.

Sometimes I wonder if I came from another planet, or is everyone
experiencing the same thing, i.e., I have two relatives high up in
Scientology (recruiting, placement, fundraising), several in LDS, even a
Pagan or two, and I'm not even from California.

If the Mormon database is so innocuous, why are they so *desperate* to
build it?  Genealogical?  If you ever rode on a train, a plane, or took
a cruise, you're in it.  They have everything.  Or, in the vein of
Hoover or Wackenhut, "you can never have enough".

> On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:
> > On the below: Gentiles (and Jews) are *very* afraid of Mormons.  Maybe
> > it has something to do with the World's Largest Database (on non-Mormons
> > especially) they keep under that mountain near SLC Utah.

[additional text deleted]

Thread