1996-10-03 - Re: White House crypto proposal – too little, too late

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6e3e0b0ee3bbeac6ecdc758f56f82fffaeaf586d2adf43d82ca77fd27da38247
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.961002092852.29327B-100000@well.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 15:20:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 15:20:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: White House crypto proposal -- too little, too late

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 15:57:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Shea <joeshea@netcom.com>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Cc: fight-censorship

	Declan's most recent piece makes much more sense than the earlier
one.  He is quite correct in emphasizing the future vulnerability of the
encryption logarithms rather than centering on whether or not terrorists
might use them.  By making them impossible to crack without the key, and
permitting the key to be available to appropriate law enforcement
authorities when absolutely necessary, everyone's real needs are
satisfied, I think.  I enjoyed this report a lot.

Best,

Joe Shea
Editor-in-Chief
The American Reporter