1996-10-04 - Re: Fighting Clipper III

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
To: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
Message Hash: 6f0f3bb13b2a61ca0ca9deefadd46494eda508f512ca94f2392b89c3ea25d261
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961003203532.14527B-100000@eff.org>
Reply To: <9610031655.AA00896@ch1d157nwk>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-04 11:05:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 19:05:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 19:05:01 +0800
To: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
Subject: Re: Fighting Clipper III

IBM truly does deserve to be criticized, soundly. When I get a chance I'll
write up the report of what happened at yesterday's IBM "let's recruit
industry to join our alliance" confab session that took place in the
afternoon at their DC lobby-office. It was supposedly closed to the
press. :)

-Declan

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Andrew Loewenstern wrote:

> Jim McCoy writes:
> >  The big brother inside stickers from the last campaign were
> >  nice, maybe people can come up with variations of various
> >  corporate logos or marketting phrases which help get the
> >  message across?
>
> Big Brother Inside stickers are a classic and should be revived.  I would
> like to see a takeoff of the IBM logo since they are the ones who seem to be
> cozying up to the USG the most (with the exception of TIS whom nobody has ever
> heard of).   How about "GAK" in the familiar IBM blue pinstripe logo?  Or
> "IBBM"  International Big Brother Machines?  Everyone recognizes the IBM logo.
>

> andrew

// declan@eff.org // I do not represent the EFF // declan@well.com //

Thread