1996-11-04 - Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: Will French <wfrench@interport.net>
Message Hash: 2bec380e167044d716c268721bf67cbdca0efddc310c7a85cdd029552bf4b426
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961104104444.25737C-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Reply To: <199611032354.SAA01354@interport.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-04 15:58:11 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 07:58:11 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 07:58:11 -0800 (PST)
To: Will French <wfrench@interport.net>
Subject: Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Will French wrote:

>   Except it's not very effective, is it, since he's still
> posting flames?  In any case, it's an admission on John
> Gilmore's part that libertarianism can't work without some
> measure of authoritarianism; the only argument is over _just how
> much_ authoritarianism we need.
>
>   I'm quite upset about this.  Up to now I was able to tell
> people that "there is at least one mailing list on the net that
> functions in a completely open manner".  No more.

One of the things you folks are missing is that this list is
crypto-anarchy friendly.  Anarchy isn't chaos, it's self rule.  One of
the things that us anarchists do is to deal with problems like Vulis.
The usual methods are to flame back, to ignore, etc.

If the problem doesn't go away, then we'll make it go away.  Those who
have the ability to make it go away will.  i.e. the folks that have
control over the list server.  And that's the beauty of it.

 + ^ + |  Ray Arachelian    |FL|       KAOS KERAUNOS KYBERNETOS      |==/|\==
  \|/  |sunder@sundernet.com|UL|__Nothing_is_true,_all_is_permitted!_|=/\|/\=
<--+-->| ------------------ |CG|What part of 'Congress shall make no |=\/|\/=
  /|\  | "A toast to Odin,  |KA| law abridging the freedom of speech'|==\|/==
 + v + |God of screwdrivers"|AK|        do you not understand?       |=======
      If the Macintosh is a woman...  Then Windows is a Transvestite!
           ActiveX! ActiveX! Format Hard drive? Just say yes!

Thread