1996-11-06 - Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 97cc9b91e5bc90a1e3a9acbfe5f52789c9be9ab0a30d9d8a29e8c7ba6b7652b8
Message ID: <D86ywD1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199611060510.XAA11348@smoke.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-06 16:25:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 08:25:53 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 08:25:53 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

snow <snow@smoke.suba.com> writes:

>     Let's also not confuse "capricious plug-pulling" with _daring_ the OWNER
> of the machine the list is running on, and THE GUY WHO RUNS THE LIST to kick
> your sorry racist ass off the list. He called your bluff, and any day now,
> I expect him to prevent you from even posting in your own name. Not that that

Unfortunately, such actions would be consistent with John's other recent
acts of censorship.  I find it regrettable, since I used to have a lot of
respect for him.

But of course he's within his rights to ruin his own credibility.

As for "racist", I think this label is more applicable not to me, but to
the individual who characterized a group of (then) subscribers to this
list as "crazy Russians".

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM