1996-11-15 - Re: A Disservice to Mr. Bell

Header Data

From: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
To: jim bell <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7b043555f1f6e77acc7564b9e3d567beb0df372f8f30bab31b16dc26d61086c8
Message ID: <9611150401.AA01751@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <199611150340.TAA08395@mail.pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-15 03:57:08 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:57:08 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:57:08 -0800 (PST)
To: jim bell <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: A Disservice to Mr. Bell

>You might be surprised to learn that this kind of thing doesn't bother me at
>all.  To whatever extent such commonlaw courts act like loose cannons, they
>will primarily tend to do so against those who are most abusive of the
>public's perceived rights.

As a matter of fact the montana fruitcakes were principally into
racial bigotry. If you care to read the documents they filed you would
know that.

>> Thats
>>what the supremacy clause is all about. All previously existing courts
>>were extinguished.

>Ah!  So you admit that these courts were "previously existing," huh?  Well,
>if that's the case, merely read the 9th and 10th amendments and tell me how
>you're so sure that "all previously existing courts were extinguished."

I admit no such thing if you could understand logic you would
realize that. There were pre-existing courts, those of King George.
They were extingished. Had common law courts existed (they did not
but for the sake of arguement I am indulging you in your fantasy)
they would exist no longer.

		Phill

Thread