1996-11-15 - Re: The Key for the IPG 200 Megabytes at NETPRIVACY.COM

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: strider@cyberstation.net
Message Hash: b543a7c308950b894fbfc48d9e3707bfd7c1161891ab6eb529aea855025f2909
Message ID: <848071226.510145.0@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:29:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:29:56 -0800 (PST)
To: strider@cyberstation.net
Subject: Re: The Key for the IPG 200 Megabytes at NETPRIVACY.COM

> to produce the almost 200 megabytes of raw encryptor stream at our web
> site, we are pleased to provide the ASCII values of same as follows:

Numerous requests? - I was right, he is halucinating...

> In order for those few who have not had the opportunity to check it out,
> we will leave it up another week and then take it down and put up a
> new shorter one, maybe a 2,560,000 byte one permanently and a monthly
> 2,560,000 byte one where we publish the key each month.

No-one wants to...

> Of course, no university, coderpunk( no offense intended please), or
> cypherpunk , or any collection of same has broken the system, nor will
> they ever.  As most of you now know, it is unbreakable. We have had over
> 100 universities, IBM, Microsoft, Intel, several dozen different
> government agencies,  and thousands of others to download the data and
> look at the algorithm. Of course, like everyone else, they have been
> benighted.

Oh do be quiet you self satisfied smug little man.

Every single member of this list and indeed of other forums in which
you post (I don`t know of any but I assume it is not just us you
annoy) knows you are a fool.

Some while ago I seem to recall you offering to sell your company for
one dollar if anyone could break your last algorithm, it was sumarily
broken - why are you still owner of the company? - Oh I get it, they
wouldn`t pay a dollar for it, neither would I. But seriously, was
this you, and why didn`t you sell the company, and how are people to
trust you now knowing this past debacle...

Go away, you are like an unpopular bore at a party who doesn`t seem
to realise that everyone wants him to leave....

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1