1996-11-10 - Re: A Disservice to Mr. Bell

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: c0360376a89dff2be7e415b1832e8db1fbabc33f4716fe80003968f020b51991
Message ID: <3285F1D8.3C5E@gte.net>
Reply To: <199611091958.LAA14950@mail.pacifier.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-10 15:19:40 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 07:19:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 07:19:40 -0800 (PST)
To: jim bell <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: A Disservice to Mr. Bell

jim bell wrote:
> At 02:18 PM 11/8/96 -0800, Peter Hendrickson wrote:

> >> However, the fact that it took 40 years to reverse (and didn't, presumably,
> >> reverse the convictions of others, and didn't compensate people for lost
> >> property) is yet another reason to take a few pieces out of the hide of the
> >> SC, as well as a few pounds of flesh nearest the heart.

[snip]

> Interestingly enough, the one thing the Commonlaw court system needs is an
> effective enforcement system.  One likely method is the commercial lien
> process, but even that tends to be resisted by people who are far more used
> to dealing with equity court personnel.  It turns out that my AP system
> seems to mesh almost perfectly with their needs, although obviously in
> practice it would only be used as a "last resort."

Speaking of Common Law courts and their Liens, the feds have expanded their crackdown
begun with the Freemen of Montana.  They arrested Elizabeth Broderick and several of
her associates or whatever, and I know at least one person personally who is hiding
or keeping a very low profile at least.  [these are people in the common law/lien
business]

Thread