1996-11-27 - Re: wealth and property rights

Header Data

From: Dave Kinchlea <security@kinch.ark.com>
To: Clay Olbon II <olbon@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: ee3fb9256aa53728d985d2aedbaaa417d279554bb9d9d17687fa42fe9306640b
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961127104249.550B-100000@kinch.ark.com>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19961127131858.006ebe30@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-27 18:51:30 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:51:30 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dave Kinchlea <security@kinch.ark.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:51:30 -0800 (PST)
To: Clay Olbon II <olbon@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: wealth and property rights

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Clay Olbon II wrote:

> This is provably bullshit.  Look at the HUGE numbers of people in this
> country who make the economic decision to do nothing and go on welfare vs.
> going to work.  Examine carefully the economic performance of the US vs the

I don't know how much people get on welfare in your country but I
suspect that it is even less than in this country (Canada). Anyone who
truly believes that people make the `economic decision to do nothing and
go on welfare vs. going to work' has, in my opinion, no &^%* idea what
they are talking about. Just try to *live* on a welfare wage for a few
months to see how silly this thought is. While there may well be a few
`welfare-moms' (which is not necessarily a bad thing, taking care of
children is an investment for society), the vast majority of people on
welfare (at least here)  would *much* rather get a decent job and work
for their money. There are, perhaps, a few people who would rather not
work for minimum wage (who find it impossible to feed their family on
that) but I suspect that those folks are few and far between.

[...]

> More bullshit.  You don't know what anyones motives are.  To ascribe your
> motivations to Bill Gates is unrealistic.

But you claim to know the motives of those on welfare: pot->kettle->black

Just to be clear, I don't really agree with the original points being
made, but your views seem just as far off as the ones you are opposing,
perhaps further.

cheers, kinch

Thread