1996-11-16 - [NOISE] aga isn’t on cypherpunks… (and I’m glad)

Header Data

From: Tim Scanlon <tfs@adsl-122.cais.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f5c75056bf09f8279816c91e334b3de92df8b2201a3a6655361e2672bcfa7329
Message ID: <9611161810.AA03185@adsl-122.cais.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 10:10:30 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Tim Scanlon <tfs@adsl-122.cais.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 10:10:30 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [NOISE] aga isn't on cypherpunks... (and I'm glad)

all,

"aga@dhp.com", that 'aga' guy, is NOT subscribed to cypherpunks.

What has and is going on is that he was blindly Cc'ing cypherpunks
on everything he wrote that had to do with this...

I exchanged some mail with the guy, he didn't understand AT ALL that
"cypherpunks@toad.com" was a mailing list address. He seemed to think
that he had to be "subscribed" to the list in order for any traffic
to goto it.

When I pointed out to him that this was not the case, his attitude was
that it was not his fault and that the list was "broken" etc.

If you havn't figured it out, BELIVE ME, talking to this guy is a
definative waste of packets.

He's ranting with basicly no clue about how he's doing the ranting...
And this stuff has now been cross-posted to about 6 newsgroups by
him, in addtion to the 3 mailing lists he's been sending it to.

I ended up asking him why he wasn't jsut cutting to the chase and
posting "Make Money Fast" stuff instead. (he didn't seem to get it.)

I'd suggest ignoring him & hoping he goes away. As it is it was a MAJOR
mistake of mine to even attempt to interject sanity into the whole
stupid thread on this... Why? Because there's better things to worry
about in life. Like this H/P crypto announcment... Or anything crypto
related for that matter. As it is the thread continues like some bad
crack-addled version of the energizer bunny.

Tim

PS, I just realized my dog does better at staying focused on doing tricks
that this list does on staying focused on crypto... That's a bit scary.

Thread