1996-12-18 - RE: Microsoft IE may not work without censorship files

Header Data

From: Blake Coverett <blake@bcdev.com>
To: “cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 1524df1faef4e550ff2db9a5dba04b95a1f0572431ea1018b7982004b31dbc9f
Message ID: <01BBEC64.E3422BF0@bcdev.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:55:49 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Blake Coverett <blake@bcdev.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:55:49 -0800 (PST)
To: "cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: Microsoft IE may not work without censorship files

> In the control panel I attempt to click on the Internet Icon and the
> following occurs:  A Content Advisor box appears and states the
> following:  Content advisor configuration information is missing.
> Someone may have tried to tamper with it.  Check content Advisor
> Settings.  End of quote.  In the internet properties box, I tried to
> look for what they recommended but was not sure what to look for.

It's good to see they make at least an attempt at preventing the
PICS filter from being turned off without a password.

Of course the obvious answer is to give it to a teenage boy who
wants to look at the dirty pictures and watch how fast it can be
fixed with a little registry editing.

regards,
-Blake

Thread