1996-12-24 - Re: Armenians (was Securing ActiveX)

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: 970ec7d1085b605986b69015e9cb5f3138daff81b80c52504648cf57d8123e53
Message ID: <851441030.96376.0@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 07:49:41 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 07:49:41 -0800 (PST)
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Armenians  (was Securing ActiveX)

> "Generalisation"? It's a historical fact that Armenians have murdered
> 2,500,000 Turks, Kurds, and Sephardic Jews in this century alone.

Yes it was, you stated that "Armenians are murderous cowards",
whether that is true in the majority of cases I am not well qualified
to comment but to make a statement to the effect that an entire class
of people are genocidal because a number (even a majority) of them
are seems to me a sweeping generalisation.

> Interesting. Paul Bradley does not consider Timmy May's (fart) latest rants
> on "ebonics" and "colored race" to be racist? I think Timmy May hates
> blacks even more than he hates Jews. Let's quote Timmy's sick garbage on
> soc.culture.african.american and ask if they find it offensive and racist.

My point was not that you had no right to be racist, you have every
right to discriminate against someone on the basis of their colour,
religion etc... my point was you are standing on very thin ice when
you flame someone for being racist then post racist comments
yourself.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1