1996-12-21 - “Cypher punks” are the laughing stock for the media

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dcbf9a052088c461ad7261fba36ac0154bbea68811e042a777cb956c1658cc99
Message ID: <mTJaZD34w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <32BBF98E.4D51@sk.sympatico.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-21 15:10:21 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 07:10:21 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 07:10:21 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: "Cypher punks" are the laughing stock for the media

Carl Johnson <toto@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:

>    Thank you for your lengthy list of articles on the human slaughter
> that continues on earth to this very day.  It reminds me of watching
> the TV coverage of Desert Storm, as the news channels took great
> delight in replaying scenes of American flyers massacring retreating
> Iraquian troops who were beaten and bedraggled, merely trying to
> survive, and get home to their families.

I wish Iraqi people the best of luck in killing every American they can get
their hands on. Three cheers for Saddam Hussein!

>   You are free to rail night and day against cryptology and cypherpunks,
> and whoever else it pleases you to rail against, because this is America.

You are sadly mistaken, child, or maybe you believe the lies Timmy May (fart)
spread about me. I am a professional cryptographer. I believe that crypto
technology should be freely availably to everyone, with no government controls,
like any other technology (like compiler construction :-). I believe that the
Internet should be available to everyone (and I've made a lot of enemies by
helping connect certain parts of the world to the 'net somewhat sooner that
they would have been without my participation). OTOH, "cypher punks" are a
joke, a laughing stock for the media, who stand in the way of these goals.
Re-read the list archives before speaking of things you do not understand.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM