1996-12-24 - Re: Untraceable Payments, Extortion, and Other Bad Things

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: omega@bigeasy.com
Message Hash: e21fc737ba48831ac78fc08d47ab1de7ab167c1dde4c3963ab9e841fe93423d0
Message ID: <199612242038.MAA20079@netcom18.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199612231530.JAA04229@bigeasy.bigeasy.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-24 20:38:25 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 12:38:25 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 12:38:25 -0800 (PST)
To: omega@bigeasy.com
Subject: Re: Untraceable Payments, Extortion, and Other Bad Things

[timmy paraphrase]
>I thought the message was a pretty clear statement of opinion.  ie.
>the deconstruction of democracy is a good thing and cryptoanarchy
>will a enable a more just society.  (Some would argue more brutal as
>well, but I think that the level of brutatlity in society would
>change little from it's current levels.)

wow, what a ringing endorsement for cryptoanarchy, and quite Mayesque
in its style.

CRYPTOANARCHY!!! GO FOR IT!! IT PROBABLY WON'T BE ANY MORE
BRUTAL THAN THE WORLD IS ALREADY!!!

>So cut the crap and go ahead and argue for or against that thesis.

the cryptoanarchy thesis IS crap. everyone with a few brain cells to rub
together is capable of seeing through this machiavellian dystopian trash
masquerading as a rational political philosophy.

anyone heard of "memes"? cryptoanarchy is a virus of weak minds without
any defense mechanisms. the cpunk list is the principal vector..

>(by the way.  Conveniently enough Tim May has put his ideas on the
>web in quite a bit of detail.  Just put "cyphernomicon" in your
>favorite web search engine)

gosh, thanks for the tip, Omegaman, hadn't heard anything about that--
I'll be sure to check that out. I certainly wouldn't want to prejudge
Mr. May's complex thesis, my profuse apologies if I misunderstood any
of the parts about extortion, kidnapping, tax evasion, anonymous
assassinations, etc.

Thread