1997-01-04 - Re: Anonymous Post Control

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: Peter Hendrickson <ph@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 013253f1035bff0fc6e24b39c5b6a4515a9c30eb35c80368b5dda1834de5b8e6
Message ID: <852383891.629350.0@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 05:38:53 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 05:38:53 -0800 (PST)
To: Peter Hendrickson <ph@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Anonymous Post Control

Well the obvious answer seems to me to stop majordomo at toad.com
accepting ANY messages from anonymous sources but let pseudonyms
post, pseudonymous posting allows the owner of the nym to accumulate
reputation capital without disclosing his or her true identity.

Bear in mind of course that this is a purely technical answer and I
happen not to believe that anonymous posting should be stopped.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1