1997-01-09 - Re: Inflation-index bonds and private e-currency

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Message Hash: 0d35d93efd7e2e9c50983d1b9ce048e22f91fefdaf38c81ab9f3c5c3267fe88f
Message ID: <32D4909E.927@gte.net>
Reply To: <PPP9ZD30w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-09 06:32:46 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 22:32:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 22:32:46 -0800 (PST)
To: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Inflation-index bonds and private e-currency

Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:
> Dale Thorn wrote:
> > The Wall Street Cabal (as they say) was genuinely frightened that since
> > Milken was so successful with high-yield bonds, they deliberately created
> > the term Junk Bonds and flooded the markets with appropriate propaganda,
> > and thereby killed off their competition.  How they turned it into a
> > criminal offense is truly an art.

> Is this anything similar to, say, calling certain posts by list
> members 'spam', flooding the list with 'external' spam, and then
> using the resulting uproar to take care of perceived 'internal' problems?

The old "create the provocation then step in with the solution" trick?

It must have been the Final Provocation, since we're about to get the
Final Solution.

Thread