1997-01-17 - Re: Finally a good Eudora/PGP integration under Win32

Header Data

From: CVHD <cvhd@indyweb.net>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 67dc1904a177ab3e58ae6f0fe180312bb497df4f9504038cf66bf94ab59f8d09
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970116192747.006c9bac@indyweb.net>
Reply To: <3.0.32.19970116114943.006ae32c@192.100.81.126>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-17 00:27:59 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: CVHD <cvhd@indyweb.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:27:59 -0800 (PST)
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Finally a good Eudora/PGP integration under Win32

At 11:50 AM 1/16/97 -0800, you wrote:

>It is a bug in the manual :-) The plugins are already installed by the main
>installer. If you can't find the buttons in Eudora, it is because they are
>in a different location than you think they are.

>Look next to the "Queue" button. PGP should make this clearer in their docs.

Actually the PGP "buttons" don't appear in Eudora unless you are reading a message, replying or creating a new message; which makes sense.  Simply retrieving mail won't make the "buttons" appear.  With Netscape you must also have the "mailer" maximized or the Netscape Logo will overlap some of the PGP "buttons".

The only thing I would like to see added to it (and perhaps PGP 3.0 will address this) is the ability to En-DeCrypt WIN95 Files folders and files "on the fly" without the necessity of clicking OK for each file like F-Protects' "Secure Desktop" program.

It is plain in "appearance" but a terrific interface, nonetheless, for $29.95 (for 2.6.2 users).  Can't wait to see how PGP 3.0 will enhance it's performance.

Regards from the,
Computer Virus Help Desk
http://www.indyweb.net/~cvhd

Thread