1997-01-29 - Re: Rejection policy of the Cypherpunks mailing list

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Message Hash: d4bdd7ebffaed387f71e7c0e85320c1d0628024cf601743b3a7548b1d20b6696
Message ID: <199701290550.XAA02789@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <199701282106.NAA01621@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-29 05:32:22 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:32:22 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:32:22 -0800 (PST)
To: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk

Paul said:
> The list has been disentigrating for some time since the disgusting
> incident when Dimitri was forcibly unsubscribed from the list. There

    Bullshit. This list was disentigrating well before that, and Vulis's
actions were a part of that disentigration.

> > a while."
>
> So, there would be no intellectual dishonesty in a country claiming
> to be a free and open society "trying out" fascism for a month or
> two? - After all it`s a private country just as this is a private
> list....

    As long as they let people leave at any point in the experiment,
comment on the experiment, and start their own country if they don't like it.

> There is a clear trend easily observable on the list whereby certain
> members postings are censored when their content is of a standard
> that, if the moderation were objective and based on content alone,
> would warrant their being sent to the censored list.

     Really? Point to this "trend". I only know of 2 articles, and
Sandy explained his (IMNTBHO incorrect) reasoning behind that.

Thread