1997-02-14 - Re: alt.cypherpunks

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: “Cynthia H. Brown” <cynthb@sonetis.com>
Message Hash: 266c8c91c23ece27f8aa409499051bdc95de0b362e4b664cbdb705da2ebbaf66
Message ID: <199702141513.HAA07722@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:13:15 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:13:15 -0800 (PST)
To: "Cynthia H. Brown" <cynthb@sonetis.com>
Subject: Re: alt.cypherpunks

> > alt.cypherpunks has been newgroup'ed, and I belive rm'grouped. Smart,
> > consiencous newsadmins probably did not honor the rmgroup, as
> > alt.cypherpunks should be acceptable, but most newsadmins are too
> > overworked to actually look at most of the crap that comes through.
> > For example, it hasn't received any messages on my news server,
> > probably because the one upstream removed it.
>
> Seems I'm getting alt.cypherpunks.announce (empty), but not
> alt.cypherpunks or any of the others that show up as newgroup'ed on
> Deja News...  Are they alive and well elsewhere?

All of the groups have showed up at news.demon.co.uk (not suprisingly
since I grouped them) and I haven`t seen any cancels. I was sent a
message by some net.scum about him nearly rmgrouping
alt.cypherpunks.announce because it was unmoderated but he got a
stern "cypherpunk" talking to for that ;-)

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1