1997-02-04 - Re: About: My Departure, Moderation, and “Ownership of the List

Header Data

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
To: Larry Johnson <lwjohnson@grill.sk.ca>
Message Hash: 36dbed26b226fd62b641e6fe1a56ef3b5f08685b9b09a95fe10f439e4497655e
Message ID: <199702041442.GAA28392@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:42:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 06:42:40 -0800 (PST)
To: Larry Johnson <lwjohnson@grill.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: About: My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List

> For what it's worth, I think that this Tim May, not being a
> user of the list, has no place to talk. His type, to me,
> characterate those who quit something and complain later,
> knowing that some people will listen to them.

Tim May has been one of the most intelligent, eloquent and on-topic
posters to this list in it`s entire history... Who the hell are you?

I would respond to your post with reasoned and logical argument but I
cannot find one substantive point in it that is worthy of comment. I
will muddle through as best I can anyway:

One easy jibe here is you don`t know how to spell characterise, maybe
you would be better off unimbibing?

> So what, if he decided to leave? It was his own choice
> and he can't just come back and say everyone who stayed is
> now impelled to listen to him, just because he used to
> do a bunch of posts. I don't think that hardly any of
> you would listened to me later if I left the list.

No-one knows who you are nor do we care, you have not accumulated any
reputation capital nor are you likely to with posts like this.

Tim tried to cover in as much depth as possible without resorting to
verbosity the points he felt were important and worthy of discussion
regarding the censorship of the list and other associated issues.

You were not impelled to read his post nor to reply to it with a
content-free rant as you did. If you felt "impelled" to read a post
simply because it was on a screen in front of you you clearly do not
understand even the rudiments of anarchism.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1