1997-04-14 - Re: SSL weakness affecting links from pa

Header Data

From: Bryce <bryce@digicash.com>
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Message Hash: 9b1b82b2ea712147aebb466c9dcf5c2fac9cd08e3c8ca3162a13831d33073fc2
Message ID: <199704141834.UAA28021@digicash.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970414115216.28199C-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-14 18:43:25 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:43:25 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bryce <bryce@digicash.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Subject: Re: SSL weakness affecting links from pa

 A million monkeys operating under the pseudonym
 "Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>" typed:

> "You are about to forward a referer header to the page you have selected.
> Forwarding the referer header to this site may reveal more about your web
> browsing habits than you would prefer.  Should <netscape> surpress the
> referer header?  Yes/No/Always Surpress/Never Surpress."

Minor UI nit:  it would be much much better if it said

"You are about to send a 'referrer header' telling the next web
site about the web page you are currently looking at.  Should
<netscape> send this 'referrer header'?
[Yes/No/Always Send Referrer Headers/Never Send Referrer Headers]"

Regards,

Zooko Journeyman

Disclaimers follow:  I am not a cypherpunk.  NOT speaking for
DigiCash or any other person or organization.  No PGP sig follows.

Thread