1997-05-03 - Re: SAFE Bill discussion

Header Data

From: Bill Frantz <frantz@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 57ee5c76e77f98d5466430aa5d073fdcee7fe22576be889046b1a264bc3c5d0c
Message ID: <v03007806af908be629d5@[207.94.249.180]>
Reply To: <v0300782faf8eae00618f@[166.84.253.73]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-03 07:37:26 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 15:37:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Frantz <frantz@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 15:37:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: SAFE Bill discussion

There may be something in the view that there are enough laws already on
the books that if government agents want to give you grief, they can find a
way.  Adding another one is minor compared with preventing crypto
restrictions via executive order.  (How many laws did you break today?
Since I drove a car, I broke at least one.  With respect for the law gone,
the law has only fear, and that's a function of enforcement, and subject to
economic realities.)  YMMV.

Of course, getting rid of these kinds of laws is a project which is long
overdue starting and not adding new ones would be a good start.  (But
that's another rant.)

Bill Frantz       | God could make the world   | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | in six days because he did | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | not have an installed base.| Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Thread