1997-05-11 - Re: Disinformation in L.A.

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: devnull@manifold.algebra.com
Message Hash: 7d9e0c608574e28f75f3282f3316aa38f6db8cdbef1f72cc30aa15f3ad47e251
Message ID: <199705110023.TAA19163@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.94.970510191520.7299A-100000@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-11 00:34:13 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 08:34:13 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 08:34:13 +0800
To: devnull@manifold.algebra.com
Subject: Re: Disinformation in L.A.

Duncan Frissell wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:
>
> > I would expect a "cypherpunk riot" to be a little more aimed at
> > cyberspace than real-world suburban neighborhoods.  Wouldn't you?
>
> Tim was mostly talking about nuking the District of Columbia.  You will
> note that that is an artificial community filled entirely with politicians
> and their sycophants.  It is sort of like the train that Ayn has blow up
> in the Rocky Mountain tunnel in Atlas Shrugged.  There are no innocents
> there. (Well a few tourists and Ethiopian immigrants who don't know better
> but you can't win 'em all.)  Note also that he is hoping others will do
> the deed.  He's not volunteering.
>
> There will be a few unfortunate explosions in the world over the next few
> years so I'm sure Tim is just hoping for a beneficial target selection.

Duncan, it is doubtful that there is any member of this mailing list, at
least of those whom I have seen posting, who will dare to raise his fat
ass and blow something up.

The "radicals" are mostly sitting and waiting for something dramatic to
happen, preferably as far from their nice houses and bank accounts as
possible.

Jim Bell might be an exception, but I would not bet on him.

	- Igor.

Thread