1997-05-10 - Re: Wine Politics Again!

Header Data

From: frissell@panix.com
To: Blanc <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: adbc28f33976eed2ceb3fa74cffde883710c733ce3b949d46b0d92c85a551fd6
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970510130735.00758fb8@panix.com>
Reply To: <3.0.32.19970510003251.006c7650@cnw.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-10 17:19:58 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 01:19:58 +0800

Raw message

From: frissell@panix.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 01:19:58 +0800
To: Blanc <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Wine Politics Again!

At 12:35 AM 5/10/97 -0700, Blanc wrote:
>Timothy must be drunk; I can't believe he said this.   Because he wouldn't
>spend so much time writing sensible things of Truth & Light, if he thought
>the better thing to do for achieving libertarian values was to kill so
>indiscriminately with a bomb.    After all, he subscribes to utmost
>discrimination.   So I think right now he's less in the engagement of
>Reason and more under the influence of maybe some Bud Light.

He didn't say it was a better thing to do.  He said he was coming to understand McVeigh's actions.

It is important that everyone from the uninvolved on up to the ruling classes understand that we are reaching a point where laws won't "work" anymore because power is devolving down the heirarching to the fundamental organizational unit -- the individual.  If two guys with $2K to spend can take out a building or someone else with ten minutes to spend and a Net connection can render export controls ineffective then power relationships have changed.

The faster our "rulers" and their "ruled" understand this, the lower the total body count.  They simply don't have the power any more.  It's gone.

Tim is helping (in his way) to convince others of the facts of the matter.  Dramatic statements carry the message better.

The more people who are convinced that politics is dead, the faster the corpse will decay and the smoother the transition.

DCF

Thread